The foundations of what would become ZoZoi were lain sometime in 1986- the year that Theo Tagtalianidis bade farewell to his hometown in northern Greece and set off to the United States in pursuit of his passions and in search of new opportunities. A skilled artisan, Theo found demand for his expertise in Kansas City, Missouri, where he proceeded to build a successful business and raise a wonderful family.
Despite his success in his adopted homeland, Theo couldn’t help but feel that an important part of his life in Greece was still missing. One of Theo’s fondest childhood memories was accompanying his mother on her weekly morning trip to the market in Serres- where she would treat him with a warm, flaky, and delicious bougatsa- fresh from the baker’s oven. Bougatsa is adored throughout Greece by children and adults alike, and is typically enjoyed at breakfast, as a dessert, or even as an afternoon snack.
Theo sought a way to share the authentic bougatsa he had so enjoyed as a boy with his family, friends, and guests. However, Theo was unable to recreate the same exquisite aroma, sweet and satisfying flavor, and quality of the bougatsa from Serres. Undeterred, he resolved to go straight to the source- and began importing authentic bougatsa and other popular Greek pastries directly from Serres, Greece to the USA. Thus, ZoZoi was born!
ZoZoi, which means “Live Life” in Greek, was founded in 2015 with the with goal of delivering the most authentic, best tasting, and highest quality Greek products to America, imported directly from Greece. We wish to share a slice of the Greek lifestyle by delivering our authentic bougatsa, striftari, pitas, and other products right to your door.
Live Life, Eat Greek!
The Bougatsa Story
In a small town in northern Greece called Serres, around the 1930’s there was a little well established bakery located in the central square, known for a delicious flaky pastry called Bougatsa.
At first they only produced the Bougatsa with a cream filling, but as popularity grew they added many other flavors including cheese, spinach, and chocolate. Years later, all over Greece Bougatsa became one of the most popular pastries for breakfast or a snack.
Now today, ZoZoi has finally brought Bougatsa to the United States directly from Serres to your table. See how they make it!
ZoZoi is a trademark of A Greek Food Group, LLC (AGFG).
AGFG is dedicated to bring the best Greek products to the American market and your table. Stay in touch to see our growing product line.
To offer our consumers of all ages healthy and safe products of high quality and nutritional value, contributing to a tastier and healthier way of life, while ensuring the well-being of our people and associates.
- Integrity. We make decisions in accordance with moral principles and respect for the rules of the markets in which we operate, always in the spirit of fairness and integrity.
- Accountability. We hold ourselves accountable to our consumers, employees, associates and suppliers, with respect for their needs, striving daily to be worthy of their trust.
- Total Quality. We apply quality assurance schemes to the whole chain, from production to consumption, through daily controls and process certification.
- Respect for the Environment. We invest in integrated systems for managing the impact of the production process on the environment and implement systems for recycling.
- Trust in People. We promote our people’s well-being by ensuring safe and healthy working conditions, respecting each individual’s rights, providing ongoing training and encouraging initiative, cooperation and professionalism.